BJ's Mint Bar opened in 1991 as the 3rd bar to bear the "Mint" name, with new owners Bob Dietz and Jim Jones but longtime Mint Bar owner Bettie Aiello still holding court.
Less than a year later, after the death of Bettie Aiello, the Mint Bar name disappeared (for the first time since 1949, when the original Mint Bar opened), and owners Bob and Jim gave the business their initials as the entire name. The bar was remodeled, and a Grand Opening party was held in November 1992 for the new "BJ's".
More information about this business is welcomed from anyone who can contribute it.
Credits: contents, design and arrangement by Don Schwamb.
Last updated: July-2020.
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.